Search

Carbon Monoxide - A odorless, colorless killer

Updated: Sep 23, 2020

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gasoline, wood, propane, charcoal or other fuel. Improperly ventilated appliances and engines, particularly in a tightly sealed or enclosed space, may allow carbon monoxide to accumulate to dangerous levels.


If you think you or someone you're with may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and seek emergency medical care.

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:

  • Dull headache

  • Weakness

  • Dizziness

  • Nausea or vomiting

  • Shortness of breath

  • Confusion

  • Blurred vision

  • Loss of consciousness

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be particularly dangerous for people who are sleeping or intoxicated. People may have irreversible brain damage or even die before anyone realizes there's a problem.


#notes #typing #meeting

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All